2009年9月27日 星期日

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE, WEDDING!


So...can u recognize asianlabboy?? hint: i wear a number


Went to a wedding with my mom on Sunday.

The bride was a neighbor, about two years older than me, name is Sherry.
Mom is very close friends with the bride's mother, and I used to be close friends with her younger daughter, Cherry, who is my age and not yet married. They moved to the southern Taiwan when I was in grade 3, so it has been more than 15yrs since we last saw each other.

In Chinese wedding, the bride's side sit separately with the groom's side. And I sit with a bunch of people my mother's age who I don't know. With my best friend from childhood sitting beside me.

And once I sat down, the very first question that confronted me was " so Patrick, you have a girlfriend?" second is "How come you are so good looking yet still single?", and then the third sentence that comes out their mouth is " Oh, Cherry is really pretty now. Have you seen her today yet?" By the time I haven't. I haven't seen her for more than 15 yrs. I did heard from my mom that she is very cute nowadays. However, I knew she is in a relationship. Dring the wedding dinner, everyone kept coming up (old people, eh?) and asking me the same questions. Even Cherry's father came and asked whether I have a girlfriend and all that crap. And then he was like...." I will get Cherry here! You just wait!"

So....Parents at weddings are pimping their daughters? Chinese parents are sooo nice!

Now, put ur feet in my shoes (is that the right expression?) A man who came to a wedding to see some girl who he hasn't seen for more than 15 years and was thinking about getting this girl who already got a boyfriend at her sister's wedding! Oh and by the way, when Cherry saw me, she couldn't even recognize me??( I have to admit that I have become quite attractive compare to when I was 8. What can I say? Good Genes!!)

What pisses me off the most was that when Cherry got here, chit-chatted with me for a little bit, then left, somebody sneezed out " what a pity, Patrick, you were too slow and too late to snatch that girl up..."

As if I would have gone after her (She IS quite cute). And as if it was really a huge loss for me, but not for her.

Anyways....the general consensus at these kinds of events is that the one to be sympathized are the single ones, even at the mere age of 25....regardless of their success and look (I have to admit that I have achieved nothing significant in my life so far tho).

And the next day, the Cherry's mother called my mom,

"Patrick is SO handsome now!!" is what she said, according to my mom.

I know that is true, but putting me in that awkward position still was unacceptable.

MOMS...gosh!!(To Cherry's mom's credit, she did treat me well before they moved and was really elegant at the wedding),

But, all in all, a good wedding. Saw some cleavage from the bride, although I am not quite sure if it is morally acceptable. But considering how awkward a position the wedding put me into, I have to say "Oh yay~~~~~~!"

沒有留言:

張貼留言